As a member of the National Collegiate Honors Council, Dixie State University’s Booth Honors Program provides exceptional students with an intensive, engaging, and rigorous curriculum and a community of students, faculty, and staff who share their interests.
The mission of the Booth Honors Program is to attract a diverse community of highly capable and motivated individuals who challenge one another in the lifelong pursuit of learning.
The Booth Honors Program delivers in-class and extracurricular academic experiences that create a distinctive learning environment. The Program provides measurable opportunities for broader, deeper, and more complex learner-directed experiences in a wide range of contexts that meet students’ unique needs to help them work toward their long-term goals. The Honors Program also supports other departments and programs by providing complementary academic and extracurricular experiences for talented students from the whole campus.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Proficiency in open-ended problem solving with creative, evidence-based, and multidisciplinary teamwork approaches.
- Critical reading skills and information literacy competencies.
- Clear, analytical and persuasive writing that exhibits critical thinking.
- Professional quality skills in oral, graphical, and written public presentation.
- Original scholarship and/or creative activity in their chosen field.